Hooker Creek Companies LLC is proud to be a Central Oregon locally owned full service construction materials provider. We are an award winning company providing sand & gravel, ready-mix concrete, rental equipment and supplies, new and used equipment, and trucking. We always strive to provide excellent customer service and quality products.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are hiring drivers with experience with tractor-trailer combinations and truck and pup to drive between our plants in Central Oregon, taking direction from dispatch and delivering product in a safe and efficient way. Our preferred candidate will have experience hauling sand and gravel aggregate as well as experience hauling heavy loads at 105.5k lbs. Come work for a locally owned company and experience the difference!
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience Required:
• Two years of CDL driving experience with an acceptable DMV record.
• Knowledge and adherence to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Department of Transportation and all other highway rules, regulations and reporting requirements.
• Must keep CDL and Medical Card up-to-date.
• Must be able to work extended hours including weekends as business requires.
• Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
• Training specific to our products and trucks will be provided.
• Adhere to all safety policies established by the company as well as those required by regulatory agencies such as Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Department of Transportation.
• Maintain a safety mindset at all times by constantly scanning environment and road for potential hazards and remaining prepared to react when event arises.
• Perform daily safety inspection of truck, PUC mileage reports and any other report required by a regulatory agency with proper jurisdiction.
• Must wear seat belt at all times, hearing protection, safety vest and hard hat when required.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations relating to legal weight of motor vehicle.
• Must enter and exit the truck utilizing the "three point entrance/exit" safety protocol.
Interpersonal Skills Required:
Our ideal candidate will have customer service oriented attitude, working successfully with contractors, private customers, and their coworkers in a friendly and professional manner at all times. They will be dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction and passionate about providing a quality product.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with a competitive company match, life insurance, paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. This is a Drug Free Workplace
To apply for this position: Please submit your resume to email@example.com or fax it to 541-749-2024, indicating your interest in the Truck & Pup Driver position.