favorite this postReady Mix Driver (Bend OR)hide this posting
compensation: depending on experience, competetive wages employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Hooker Creek Companies LLC is proud to be a Central Oregon locally owned full service construction materials provider. We are an award winning company providing sand & gravel, ready-mix concrete, rental equipment and supplies, new and used equipment, and trucking. We always strive to provide excellent customer service and quality products.
We are recruiting for a Ready Mix Truck Driver/Operator to deliver concrete product to our customers. Come work for a locally owned business and experience the difference! Never driven a Mixer Truck? We can train!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
• Drive concrete ready mix truck and operate controls to discharge concrete product in a safe, efficient, timely manner.
• Demonstrate willingness to follow the directions from supervisor and dispatch.
• Identify and report to supervisor any malfunctions or service maintenance related problems that may affect the safe, efficient operation.
• Lift empty chutes off and on truck.
• Responsible for tools, tire chains, tow chains, company radios and all other items provided by the company which may be necessary for safe, competent operation of company.
• Use radio as needed in a professional, polite manner.
• Responsible for fueling and adding other fluid as needed.
• Responsible for insuring proper maintenance, cleanliness and performance of any company vehicle assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience Required:
• Two years+ of CDL driving required. Ready mix truck driving experience is preferred but we will train the right candidate!
• Knowledge and adherence to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Department of Transportation and all other highway rules, regulations and reporting requirements.
• Must keep CDL and Medical Card up-to-date.
• Must be able to work extended hours including weekends as business requires.
• Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
• Training specific to our ready mix trucks will be provided.
• Adhere to all safety policies established by the company as well as those required by regulatory agencies such as Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Department of Transportation.
• Maintain a safety mindset at all times by constantly scanning environment and road for potential hazards and remaining prepared to react when event arises.
• Perform daily safety inspection of truck, PUC mileage reports and any other report required by a regulatory agency with proper jurisdiction.
• Must wear seat belt at all times, hearing protection, safety vest and hard hat when required.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations relating to legal weight of motor vehicle.
• Must enter and exit the truck utilizing the "three point entrance/exit" safety protocol.
Interpersonal Skills Required:
Our ideal candidate will have a customer service oriented attitude, working successfully with contractors, private customers, and their coworkers in a friendly and professional manner at all times. They will be dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction and passionate about providing a quality product.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with a competitive company match, life insurance, paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. This a Drug Free Workplace.
To apply for this position: Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 541-749-2024, indicating your interest in the Ready Mix Truck Driving position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers