QR Code Link to This Post
The Project Manager has on-site and office responsibilities for all aspects of any residential new construction or remodel project assigned, including budget review & adherence, scheduling & supervision of employees & subcontractors, quality of workmanship, architectural accuracy, client meetings & correspondence, and timely inspection & completion of the project. Duties may also include estimating jobs when there is a backlog of intake calls in the pipeline and/or when there is a gap in upcoming jobs to manage.
• 5-8 years of experience as a residential construction manager with similar level of responsibility to this position in size, scope, quality and supervision, including all aspects of both new and remodel construction.
• College degree in related field of study preferred.
• Must have good basic carpentry skills to rely upon in the event of a slowdown in work. Examples of carpentry skills needed: siding, window installation, finish carpentry, remodel carpentry etc.
• Valid Oregon driver’s license and driving record that meet insurance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Must be able to manage projects according to SFC quality and building standards.
• Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel, and have had experience with some type of construction project tracking software.
• Ability to multi-task and manage many different projects at once.
• Proven supervisory skills, including labor law compliance, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, disciplining, and discharge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Good customer relations skills are required.
• Must be an effective decision maker, with the ability to solve problems quickly and appropriately.
• Must have the skills and ability to interpret complex architectural plans, details & blueprints.
• Must have the ability to accurately calculate material amount estimating standard mathematics of volume, area and use of standard non-metric measuring devices, calculation of carpentry angles, and be able to perform actual material take-offs from architectural blueprints related to project purchases.
• Must be well organized and an effective time manager, to ensure that all aspects of the project assigned are completed on schedule.
• Must be able to direct and oversee project costs to stay within budget all the way through to completion.
• Must have the technical skills to ensure every assigned project meets the quality standards established by the company.
• Must have the knowledge to be able to responsibly maintain a safe project work site that meets all OSHA standards & requirements.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to deal effectively & professionally with co-workers, clients, sub-contractors, vendors, and others involved with business operations.
• Must have high ethical standards & be able to uphold Sun Forest’s excellent reputation in the business community.
• Must have the physical ability to meet the demands of the position, which include standing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, climbing on 20 ft. ladders and roofs, reaching. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Will occasionally be exposed to severe weather conditions, and be around construction dust, occasional paint and lacquer fumes, and construction noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions within the limits of the physical demands of this position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Review project plans, estimates and contracts to gain a thorough understanding of the total scope of the job assigned, including associated costs, prior to beginning the work.
2. Meet with the Department Manager, estimator, and sales person in a pre-construction meeting to review the project and formulate questions & concerns, procedures & schedules, prior to the actual start of the project.
3. Meet with the owner and get to know them. Review the project, plan, budget and schedule.
4. Select subcontractors and suppliers, and provide them with schedules, orders, delivery expectations, and construction specifications and safety features.
5. Ensure that all work is being done according to SFC quality and building standards.
6. Review, code and approve all invoices from subcontractors and suppliers for payment.
7. Work with designers, engineers and permitting agencies, keeping the job “flowing” within established timelines.
8. Supervise employees & subcontractors to make sure project is running smoothly, safely, on time and according to design specifications, quality of workmanship standards, and budget established.
9. Promptly manage any employee issues that may come up, utilizing the Human Resources Manager for assistance or advice whenever needed.
10. Balance time appropriately between office and field duties.
11. In the event of a slowdown of new jobs to manage, this individual may be called upon to perform carpentry duties, such as window installation, siding, finish carpentry, or remodel carpentry as needed.
12. Effectively & professionally communicate with all parties involved with the project on a regular basis, including keeping the Department Manager informed of any challenges or issues that may arise.
13. Exhibits good judgment, high ethical standards, and competent decision making skills at all times, and represents Sun Forest reputably with our clients, staff, suppliers, business associates, and in the community.
100% employee owned company (ESOP)
Paid Time Off
7 Paid Holidays
Health Benefits Package
Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program
401(k) w/ employer match
Full-time, M-F schedule
Collaborative team environment
Opportunities for career advancement