Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field? Do you have at least three years of direct service in the field of Early Intervention or Early Childhood Special Education? Do want to come to work every day knowing what you do helps support your local community? If you are flexible, have a great attitude and want to work for one Oregon’s 100 Best Non-Profits, then the Inclusion Specialist position with NeighborImpact is for you!
Compensation: $21.24/hour – Non-Exempt
Hours: Regular full-time (40 hours/week)
Benefits: 100% premium paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Agency paid Retirement plan (up to 6%), almost 16 weeks of paid time total accrual during the first five years (increases after that), plus 10 paid Holidays annually and a separate sick leave accrual
Deadline: Position remains open until filled
At NeighborImpact, we change lives by helping Central Oregon families access skills for success, family services, financial assistance, food, housing, weatherization and energy assistance. Our values are Respect, Compassion, Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity, Excellence, Responsiveness, and Oriented towards positive change. We are Leaders in the field of poverty alleviation.
Overview of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
To coordinate, implement and evaluate the Inclusive Partners program (IP) in Central Oregon in conjunction with Oregon’s Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities (OCDD). This position works under the direction of the Quality Improvement Manager. This position conducts coaching and technical assistance with early educators to support quality, inclusive care and environments. Activities will include completing high need childcare assessments, eligibility determination for families, consulting with parents, and training for early educators. The position ensures that CCR meets program requirements for the IP contract. This position also supervises students and volunteers working on the program.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Early Childhood Education / Early Intervention / Early Childhood Special Education or related field (human development, child and family studies, social work, sociology/psychology, education) with significant college course work in child development, disabilities, inclusion, special education and/or early intervention
- Bilingual preferred
- Three years of direct service in the field of Childhood Care and Education / Early Intervention or Early Childhood Special Education
- Knowledge of community early care and education programs, subsidies, community resources, and state regulations pertaining to childcare preferred
- One-year experience supporting adult professional development including delivery of training to adult learners preferred
- Experience in securing and individualizing services for children
- Prior to date of hire and throughout employment, certification of the following are required: valid driver’s license, proof of current auto insurance, able to obtain and maintain successful Central Background Registry enrollment and access to reliable transportation required
For further details and instructions on how to apply, please visit our Website at www.neighborimpact.org/jobs
Revised Job Posting – 9/10/19. For a complete job description visit our Website at: www.neighborimpact.org and click on the “Work For Us” tab. NeighborImpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, employment, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. All applications will be considered only on the basis of the applicant's knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. It is our established policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers