Job Title: Community Outreach Specialist
Reports to: Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Contract position
Summary of Job Purpose and Function
The Community Outreach Specialist will work to promote Equine Outreach in the Central Oregon community, making new connections and cultivating existing relationships. The COS will be responsible for working with the BOD to create and implement a fundraising and community education plan. The COS reports directly to the Board liaison and works closely with the Board and Volunteer Coordinator. The COS will assist our established equine rescue as it continues its mission to educate, protect and advocate for all equines in Central Oregon.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
● Maintain a calendar of outreach activities including community events, workshops, seminars, speaking opportunities and networking events.
● Prepare a budget for participating in community events.
● Cultivate new and old relationships with community partners and supporters.
● Collaborate with local partners to create new programs and/or educational opportunities for the community.
● Along with the BOD, create a fundraising plan with measurable outcomes.
● Create a community education plan, identifying new and existing opportunities to promote equine health and well-being.
● Maintain accurate and detailed records in Donorsnap.
● Assist the BOD in organization of special events, including volunteer education and appreciation events as well as fundraising initiatives.
● Possesses exceptional communication, writing and organizational skills.
● Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter.
● Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive.
● Equine experience a plus.
● Proficient in the use of social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
● Cooperativeness - Willing to work with others as part of a small team, collaborating and compromising where necessary.
● Flexibility - Is open to changing situations and willing to perform tasks as assigned.
● Knowledge of and experience working in the Central Oregon community a plus.
● Desire to work in a non-profit setting and make a difference for equines in our community.
Experience, Education and/or Training
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
● 3+ years of nonprofit experience preferred
● Equine experience and training preferred
This is a one year position with the potential to grow for the right candidate. This is an independent contractor position starting at $25/hour, 10 hours per week. This position does not include benefits.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and three references to Mary at the email provided. Position closes June 19th.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers