CVT (Certified Veterinary Technician)
QR Code Link to This Post
Location - Prineville Veterinary Clinic
Come join our team at Prineville Veterinary Clinic. We are growing immensely and need your help. We are a mixed practice serving both small and large animals. We have flexible schedules, competing pay, benefits, quarterly bonuses and much more. Our culture is one of honor, integrity, respect and thankfulness.
***Sign on Bonus of up to $1000 after initial 90 days of employment***
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
The Veterinary Technician supports the doctors in providing high quality patient care and excellent client service. More specifically, the Veterinary Technician is responsible for obtaining baseline medical information, performing routine procedures, and assisting with surgery.
This is a full time position; scheduled days and hours may vary based on hospital need. Overtime work is possible. This position requires standing for long periods of time and some heavy lifting may be involved.
Responsibilities - Client Service, Patient Examination, Laboratory and Diagnostics, Patient Treatment and Surgical Assistance.
• Client service and interpersonal skills
• Patient restraint techniques
• Routine examinations and sample collection
• Dental scaling, polishing, and extraction
• Reading and interpreting patient charts and treatment sheets (travel/circle sheets)
• Injections and catheter insertion
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, E-mail, and AVImark experience preferred)
• Professional and courteous
• Lift up to 30lbs
• Stand on feet for an extended period of time
• Willingness to learn
• Attention to detail
• Adherence to procedures and protocols
• Works well in team environment
• Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
• CVT certification or currently enrolled for CVT certification