condition: excellent cylinders: 4 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 42000 title status: clean transmission: manual
QR Code Link to This Post
VAN LIFE READY!!
1981 VW Vanagon Westfalia
Appx. 185K original miles - (odometer reads 42K)
Runs beautifully.. road trip ready to sleep 4!
Only 9,000 miles on complete original engine rebuild and 4,000 miles on complete transmission rebuild, interior in good condition, and appliances work!
The Cozy Man Cove has played a formative role during this stage of my life, and has afforded me many wonderful experiences as I have explored the PNW. I am continuing my journey overseas and am passing on this amazing machine for the next adventurer to explore with. It will be bittersweet to let go. Here is a link to a brief video of Cozy by Molly Christenson!
More detailed pictures upon request.
All work in the last 4 years has been done by Jerry at Ole Volks Home in Bend, OR. (He has been working solely on these vans for the past few decades)
- Pre-Trip Inspection by Les Schwab completed 8//19
- Interior in solid condition (some minor dings and cracks)
- Upholstery, flooring, and carpets reconditioned and in great condition
- Appliances fully operational (stove top, fridge, sink)
- Canvas with screens in great condition
- Rear hatch screen
- 19 MPG Highway
- Oil temp gauge
- All receipts and records from my ownership, and previous owner
- Repair Manuals
- Brand New Battery @ 42K
- Fuel tank resealed (has some rust in bottom of tank), new fuel pump and filters @ 41K
- Rebuilt transmission from German Transaxle, installed by Ole Volks Home @ 38K
- Compression checked - (1) 125 (2) 125 (3) 125 (4) 130
- Engine rebuild @ 33K w/ new plugs
- Electronic distributor @ 21K
- All CV joints, outer/inner @ 22K/19K
- Coil @ 17K
- Ball Joints and Shocks @ 13K
- Rust spots (minor) and a couple minor dents
- Rear window has small cracks, though have been sealed
- Could need tires by winter
- Window seals around driver and passenger windows
- Interior fan wiring needs repair
- Heater flaps require manual adjustment
Bonus items included with Van!:
- Tire Chains
- KNN air filters w/ cleaning supplies (one filter as back up for long dusty trips)
- Ketzal Bag leather back seat organizer
- Extension cord, water hoses, fuel container
- Power Inverter for Aux Battery (no aux battery installed)
- Tools, spare oils, parts, accessories, etc.
Serious about a test drive in the beautiful Cascades? Cozy and I are located at Breitenbush Hot Springs (10 miles north of Detroit) so if you wanna have a soak while you're here, throw $15K and a towel in your day bag and come on up!
For more detailed pictures, email me for a link to a Google folder. I do not have cell service where I live, but have wifi and access to a landline.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers