compensation: DOE & Internal Equity employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Patient Access Representative
Department: Patient Access
Location: Bend, OR
Hours: Monday – Friday, 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Position Type: Full Time, non-exempt
Resume Required: No, but appreciated
Date Posted: 08/15/2019
Posting Expires: Open until filled.
Provides front line reception and registration for our customers and patients. Responsible for obtaining required demographic and financial data, completing consents, escorting/directing patients and visitors, and collecting copays. Flexible in working occasional unscheduled shifts or portion of shifts due to situations and or sick calls.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Competencies
This position requires a high level of attention to detail and a low error rate, as the consequences of even a minor mistake can be significant for patients and providers. In addition, this position requires regular, reliable attendance. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1. Must have the ability to work cohesively with others.
- Works well as part of a team
2. Must be able to multi-task checking in more than one patient at a time.
3. Greets and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors.
- Ability to work well with diverse group of people
- Works well with the public
4. Ability to work under pressure.
5. Ability to meet departmental standards for productivity.
6. Prepares paperwork for the following day.
7. Verifies patient’s appointment and time upon registration.
8. Verifies patient’s record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient’s medical record.
9. Assists with other medical office needs, including scheduling, telephone inquiries, data entry and cashier.
10. Must be flexible with work schedule as hours and/or location may vary depending upon patient schedule and/or reception coverage.
11. Assist medical office staff moving and lifting patients as needed.
a. Assist MRI tech with dressing patients, giving oral sedation, assisting with patients in the MRI scanner room and getting supplies out of the cold room.
12. Receive time of service payments by cash, check, credit cards; may include billing payments. Issue receipts and change due to patients. May be responsible to count money in cash drawers at the beginning or end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
6 months experience in Medical office patient registration preferred, and /or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
About Central Oregon Radiology Assoc., P.C.
CORA is a growing radiology group of 26 physicians. This progressive practice features state-of-the-art interventional, CT, MRI, PET, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, and tomographic mammography equipment. Reading is within a PACS environment across the enterprise. Nighthawk supports after-hours emergent reads. The radiology practice serves eight hospitals and more than 20 clinics in the Central and Eastern Oregon communities.
Bend is a diverse and vibrant community on the eastern slope of the Cascade Mountains with outstanding recreational opportunities for both summer and winter activities. The city supports an outstanding school system including a growing campus for Oregon State University. The high desert climate features over 300 days of sunshine per year.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires full range of body motion. Sit/Stand - Must be able to remain in a sitting or standing position for up to 90% of the time, Move/Traverse –Often needs to move about the inside of the exam room and office for patient care, Use hands/fingers to handle or feel- Constantly operates a computer and office equipment, Position self (to) move- Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information – Constantly communicates with patients, physicians and co-workers must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations, Detect, Determine Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate and assess- Must be able to use computer to enter information and make changes, Move, Transport, Position- Occasionally moves equipment and patients of varying weight.
- Must have the ability to work in and around a MRI scanner.
We are an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We seek to recruit and retain a diverse workforce. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify Carol Dunbar in Human Resources at 541-382-6633 (Do not call this number unless you need accommodations in the application process)*. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Central Oregon Radiology does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion or veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities